[Nut-upsuser] NUT support for CyberPower PR1500LCDRTXL2Ua

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Jan 19 00:59:26 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-18 6:07 PM, Charles Lepple wrote:
> [please use reply-all to include the list. thanks!]
>
> On Jan 18, 2016, at 5:08 PM, Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:
>>
>> (is the USBHID worth using?)
>
>   - - -
>
> Sounds like you are on the right track with the text protocol. There are two different sscanf() format strings - it looks like yours follows similar conventions ('I' for input voltage, 'O' for output voltage, etc.). Yours might have been cut off, since it seems like the driver tries to read 35 bytes first, then an additional 23 if it does not succeed. Note that your result does not have 'S', which I would guess is status.

Yea, I'm gonna stick with serial.

I think I'm going to re-write this a little maybe so it just waits for the string out the 0x0d so it's a little less length dependent and see.

(so the routine still times out - but complains more about incomplete strings than delay of reception.)

an ASCII translation mode sure would be nice. Hahahahah..

BRB...

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.