[Nut-upsuser] Windows Version not working --

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 03:28:32 UTC 2016

[please use Reply-All to include the list. thanks!]

On Jul 13, 2016, at 10:19 PM, Jeff Silberberg <jms at compudesigns.net> wrote:

> Never could get it give me a snap shot of the UPS, just unknown communication error --

Hopefully one of the Windows experts can chime in, but in the mean time, here's a diagram of the NUT layers:

http://networkupstools.org/docs/developer-guide.chunked/ar01s02.html#_the_layering

For troubleshooting, you need to work from the bottom to the top of the diagram.

It sounds like the UPS is connected. Since you mentioned libusb0.dll, make sure that the UPS is not being recognized as a regular HID UPS (instead, it should be claimed by libusb).

You can try running "bin\upsdrvctl -D start myups1" to see the command line that it uses for the driver, then try running that. You might need to do this from an Administrator console - not sure how the Windows port handles permissions.

Only then will upsd and upsc (upper layers in the diagram) have a chance of returning data.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail