[Nut-upsuser] FSD sequence not working on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 03:40:09 UTC 2016

[please use Reply-All to include the list. thanks!]

On Jul 12, 2016, at 5:27 PM, Ivan Adzhubey <iadzhubey at rics.bwh.harvard.edu> wrote:

> I have recently installed NUT 2.7.3.1 on a freshly installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
> (64-bit) system, connected via USB cable to APC Smart-UPS 1500 (SMT model). I
> am trying to make this configuration work for automatic shutdown/restart but it
> seems that it completely ignores /etc/killpower presence. I know the APC SMT
> models are problematic but it looks like I could not even make the simplest
> test work, so it is likely initscripts issue and not the driver/UPS.

The only Ubuntu 16.04 system I have worked with is a laptop (so no UPS), and I have to say that it doesn't feel as much like an LTS release as 14.04. Can you reproduce the shutdown issue with upstart instead of systemd? (alternate GRUB menu option, IIRC)

I'm not sure if the PPA is the best solution at the moment, or whether the Ubuntu systemd files have been merged in. There is the following comment in the buildlog:

# Install systemd files only on systems where it's supported
# disabled in Ubuntu until the unit gets fixed to check nut.conf

I would recommend filing a bug with Ubuntu. It would help them track things down if you can identify the logs which should be running the systemd equivalent of "upsdrvctl shutdown" or "<driver> -k".

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail