[Nut-upsuser] cannot get APC ups status change via usb cable from RaspberryPi

Tomas Tang myhnet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 05:19:04 UTC 2016

Hi Charles,

thank you very much for your reply, and here is the out put of "lsusb
-vvv -d 051d:"

  Bus 001 Device 005: ID 051d:0002 American Power Conversion
Uninterruptible Power Supply
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               1.10
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol         0
   bMaxPacketSize0         8
   idVendor           0x051d American Power Conversion
   idProduct          0x0002 Uninterruptible Power Supply
   bcdDevice            0.06
   iManufacturer           3 American Power Conversion
   iProduct                1 Smart-UPS 3000 RM FW:666.6.I USB FW:7.4
   iSerial                 2 US1035211796
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength           34
     bNumInterfaces          1
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration         11 1
     bmAttributes         0xe0
       Self Powered
       Remote Wakeup
     MaxPower               30mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           1
       bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
       bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
       bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
       iInterface              0
         HID Device Descriptor:
           bLength                 9
           bDescriptorType        33
           bcdHID               1.10
           bCountryCode           33 US
           bNumDescriptors         1
           bDescriptorType        34 Report
           wDescriptorLength    1064
          Report Descriptors:
            ** UNAVAILABLE **
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0006  1x 6 bytes
         bInterval             100
Device Status:     0x0001
   Self Powered

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 051d:0002 American Power Conversion
Uninterruptible Power Supply
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               1.10
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol         0
   bMaxPacketSize0         8
   idVendor           0x051d American Power Conversion
   idProduct          0x0002 Uninterruptible Power Supply
   bcdDevice            0.06
   iManufacturer           3 American Power Conversion
   iProduct                1 Smart-UPS 3000 RM FW:666.6.I USB FW:7.4
   iSerial                 2 US1035211809