[Nut-upsuser] What is the purpose of the upsmon setting in upsd.users?

André Hänsel andre at webkr.de
Fri Jun 24 02:28:10 UTC 2016

On Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2016 14:14, Charles Lepple wrote:

> The "upsmon slave" setting should not prevent clients from connecting. Can
you provide more details about the system? If this is a distributor-provided
package, did they link against TCP-wrappers (using /etc/hosts.deny)?

It's the Debian (Raspbian) jessie package.

Anyway, I'm sorry, I just saw that I had it set to "master" in usbmon.conf.
Only then the user has to have "upsmon master" set.

However, that made me curious: Is there any situation where I would add a
remote (not @localhost) UPS in my upsmon.conf with "master" instead of
"slave"?