[Nut-upsuser] query "Data stale" from the cmdline

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Tue Jun 28 15:06:38 UTC 2016

On Monday, 27. June 2016 22:32:50 Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Jun 27, 2016, at 9:11 AM, Thomas Jarosch wrote:
> > Jun 27 14:56:24 server upsd[3123]: Data for UPS [apcsmart] is stale -
> > check driver Jun 27 14:56:24 server upsd: Data for UPS [apcsmart] is
> > stale - check driver
>
> > Jun 27 14:58:38 server upsd: UPS [apcsmart] data is no longer stale
>
> Two minutes is a bit longer than what I was expecting for stale data. If
> you have a USB disconnect/reconnect message pair in dmesg, you might want
> to try swapping out the USB cable.

there are a few rare USB reconnect messages in the log archive.

This specific UPS is also connected via Ethernet for external monitoring,
we highly suspect the firmware sometimes has trouble when
accessed via USB and Ethernet at the same time. If the issue persists,
I'll try to swap the USB cable, but I wouldn't hold my breath ;)

Thanks,
Thomas