[Nut-upsuser] New UPS Support: Eaton 5S 1000

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed May 4 12:43:45 UTC 2016

On May 3, 2016, at 1:46 PM, Ken Marsh <ken.marsh at sparkpost.com> wrote:

> Oops... changing that to --with-user=nut solved one problem. I have the driver, upsd and upsmon running now. Thank you!

Glad that worked - I was still hung up on the strange error message.

> Now I'm back to another issue, every 2 seconds I get in the logs:
>
> May  3 13:45:23 myhost upsd[2587]: Connected to UPS [eaton]: usbhid-ups-eaton

To debug that, I would recommend stopping all of the NUT processes (through the init scripts, then check the processes manually for any stragglers running under the nut/ups users). Then, just start the driver with debugging, same as your first email:

# /usr/local/ups/bin/usbhid-ups -DD -a eaton

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail