[Nut-upsuser] Low Battery event not occurring

Kamran Khan kamran at pssclabs.com
Mon May 16 16:58:44 UTC 2016

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the response!

I don't believe the battery.charge is actually 30%.  I watched the "battery.charge" go down from "100" to "3", so I can only assume this field to be "%".  Here is what it currently looks like after charging over the weekend:
[root at localhost ~]# upsc myups at localhost
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 30
battery.runtime: 2273
battery.temperature: 33.9
battery.type: PbAC
battery.voltage: 54.6
battery.voltage.nominal: 48.0
device.mfr: Tripp Lite
device.model: TRIPP LITE SMART2200RM2UN
device.serial: 2608CY0SM8###########
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.6.5
driver.version.data: TrippLite HID 0.8
driver.version.internal: 0.37
input.frequency: 59.7
input.transfer.high: 0.0
input.transfer.low: 0.0
input.voltage: 115.1
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.current: 2.00
output.frequency: 59.7
output.frequency.nominal: 60
output.voltage: 0.0
output.voltage.nominal: 120
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.delay.start: 30
ups.load: 17
ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
ups.model: TRIPP LITE SMART2200RM2UN
ups.power: 0.0
ups.power.nominal: 2200
ups.productid: 3015
ups.serial: 2608CY0SM882500034
ups.status: OL
ups.timer.reboot: -1
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.timer.start: -1
ups.vendorid: 09ae
ups.watchdog.status: 0

Kept the first few of the Serial # this time.  Didn't realize it could actually be helpful.

Regarding the "-DDD" option, what command do I run this with?  Which command to stop and start the driver?

Also, thanks for the advice about "ignoreLB".  I'm going to give that a shot, but I'm still curious why it isn't sensing my Low Battery state and actually putting that information into my ups.status.

Please let me know about the "-DDD" option.

Thanks again for your advice.
--
Kamran Khan