[Nut-upsuser] Can't get NUT slave to connect to master

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Fri Nov 25 12:37:02 UTC 2016

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016, Jonah Naylor wrote:

> upsd : ipaddressofclientgoeshere

If it were me I would write

  upsd : ipaddressofclient :\
         spawn (/bin/mail -r hosts.allow at localhost\
               -s '%s@%h accepted access to %d from %c'\
                       sysadmin at somedomain) &          : ALLOW

  upsd : ALL :\
         spawn (/bin/mail -r hosts.allow at localhost\
               -s '%s@%h refused access to %d from %c'\
                       sysadmin at somedomain) &           : DENY

so I get a trace of what happens, at least during testing.

> ups : monuser at 127.0.0.1/32 monuser at masterstaticIP monuser at slavestaticIP

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here.  In any case, the
daemon_list should specify upsd, not ups. See man 5 hosts_access.

Rogr