[Nut-upsuser] CP1500AVRLCD NOCOMM - a bit offtopic as it's about SSL certificates

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Oct 11 05:13:53 UTC 2016

On 10/11/2016 12:00 AM, Mark Hansen wrote:
> If you want to avoid this, you need to purchase a certificate signed by a
> well-known CA and install that on your server.

actually the free certificates issued by several companies, starting
with letsencrypt and startssl.com(*), are just fine when installed
properly ( i.e. including all the CA and issuer certificates as well,
not just the server )

(*) I used to use startssl's certs but I quit this very month given that
they were acquired by a shady Chinese company. the topic exceeds the
scope of this list so I will not provide details here but
http://www.percya.com/2016/09/wosigns-secret-purchase-of-startcom.html
(and the links pointed out by this article) +
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/27/mozilla_wants_woeful_wosign_certs_off_the_list/
provide enough info for an educated decision