[Nut-upsuser] No matching HID UPS found

jfmxl at sdf.org jfmxl at sdf.org
Fri Oct 21 03:05:07 UTC 2016

# upsd
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.7.2
fopen /var/run/nut/upsd.pid: No such file or directory
listening on ::1 port 3493
listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3493
Connected to UPS [eaton]: nutdrv_qx-eaton

upsc eaton at localhost
Init SSL without certificate database
battery.voltage: 13.50
device.type: ups
driver.name: nutdrv_qx
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.7.2
driver.version.data: Q1 0.02
driver.version.internal: 0.06
input.frequency: 50.3
input.voltage: 224.4
input.voltage.fault: 224.4
output.voltage: 225.0
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 30
ups.delay.start: 180
ups.load: 39
ups.productid: 5161
ups.status: OL
ups.temperature: 25.0
ups.type: offline / line interactive
ups.vendorid: 0665

 From the link you sent ...

This is better than nothing (but not by much). If any of the above
calculations is giving you incorrect readings, you are the one that put
in the values in ups.conf(5), so don’t complain with the author. If you
need something better, buy a UPS that reports battery.charge and
battery.runtime all by itself without the help of a NUT driver.

... looks like I just bought junk?

I guess I'll try to get the software that came with the UPS running ...
130 megabytes, including a java 1.3 jre