[Nut-upsuser] Data Stale at random intervals

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 18:11:33 UTC 2016

- Charles
> On Oct 16, 2016, at 3:34 AM, Daniel Shields <grungelizard9 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've been testing with debug further and there's a few extra lines when the nut-server stops communicating as opposed to when it's running.
>

> Backtrace after stale data, UPS nailbunny at localhost is unavailable:

Sorry to take a while to get back to you on this.

I wonder if it is getting stuck once at that point, or if it is repeatedly calling the same libusb function.

If it is the former, then I suspect we are not going to get much help from Debian on this: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=810449

Using "strace -p" with some extra options to see the time spent on each syscall might work. (There might be some sysctl magic necessary to attach to a running driver.)