[Nut-upsuser] setting up CYBERPOWER CP1500PFCLCD

Tomasz Przychodzień tprzychodzien at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:53:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

Another beginner question. I spend hours trying to find the solution for
how to configure winnut properly but I' struggling to make it work. I want
my QNAP NAS TS-231 to work as a master and send signal to the PC to shut it
down during power outage. I configured QNAP properly (like this:
http://geekbeat.tv/qnap-adding-external-devices-qnap), but I don't know
what to do next.

I work on Win10, WinNUT-2.0.0.4a UPS: CYBERPOWER CP1500PFCLCD

I have no idea how to config monitoring. This part: MONITOR <system>

I found somewhere that I should add a line:
MONITOR qnapups@<IP ADDRESS OF MY COMPUTER>:3493 1 admin 123456 slave

After starting Winnut I got a message: "fatal error: insufficient power
configured! edit your configuration and change the values"

I guess there is sth wrong with "MONITOR" part. Should I change
username/pass? Where can I check/change it? I found a tutorial about
setting up OpenGear
https://opengear.zendesk.com/entries/22948456-UPS-monitoring-and-automated-safe-shutdown-using-WinNUT
In this case it's easy to find UPS username and password. What about
CYBERPOWER?
Anything else I should do?

Thanks,
Tom