[Nut-upsuser] How to get started (Windows)
jeff.bowman at intexx.com
Thu Sep 8 13:46:01 UTC 2016
I've been able to get the latest Windows port installed on my Hyper-V 2012 R2 instance and start the service.
But as I'm an absolute beginner I'm not sure how to proceed further. I've browsed the archives, but discussions here tend to assume at least an intermediate level of understanding; thus it's still quite a bit over my head. Your patience and slow explanations are appreciated.
I presently have four issues:
1. CLI error: I get an error when running 'upsdrvctl start': "Can't claim USB device [051d:0003]: libusb0-dll:err [claim_interface] could not claim interface 0, win error: The requested resource is in use."
2. Event log errors: As noted the service starts fine, but I'm getting these two errors on service stop--"Error stopping upsd (2)" and "Error stopping upsmon (2)."
3. I don't understand what's meant by "shutting down the UPS." (e.g. upsdrvctl, http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2015-April/009652.html) Why would we want to do that? It should be the other way around--the UPS stays running while the computer shuts down--no? Please clarify.
4. What's next? I'd like to configure things to run a simple batch file after [x] minutes of on-battery time.
Can you assist?
Here's my configuration and libUSB information:
driver = usbhid-ups
port = auto
password = passwd
MONITOR myups at localhost 1 upsmon passwd master
SHUTDOWNCMD "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\shutdown.exe -l"
DLL version: 184.108.40.206
Driver version: 220.127.116.11
- Manufacturer : American Power Conversion
- Product : Smart-UPS C 1000 FW:UPS 10.0 / ID=1005
- Serial Number: 3S1520X04472
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Nut-upsuser