[Nut-upsuser] battery not installed, but battery still 100% and NUT 2.7.2-4 does not catch this and report a error

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 11:08:43 UTC 2017

Hi Jon, Stuart and the list

> On 04/03/2017 07:03 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >
> > But it does that because you have tried to get 12  years out of a gell
> > cell battery that is doing really really well if you get 4 years out of
> > it. I am not saying you should do that _now_, without first replacing
> > that thoroughly boiled dry battery, but as something you should set it
> > up to do once you have a serviceable battery set installed in it.  That
> Absolutely.  But as you say, that is NOT recommended for the original
> poster *now* until he replaces said dead battery
> (I actually recommended replacing the entire UPS to get an AVR model).
> Have you specified that in your upsmon.conf?
>
> And that is the question of the hour.  How do you specify that?  Note
> that this is not the REPLBATT status we are talking about.

It's true that upsmon doesn't deal with ALARM, and that's definitely
something missing.

What about adding a <notify type> "ALARM" to upsmon (and its .conf), and
have it processing like other notifications?
That would mean to you can have WALL / SYSLOG notifications, along with
EXEC reaction if NOTIFYCMD is set.

cheers,
Arno
--
Eaton Data Center Automation Solutions - Opensource Leader -
http://42ity.org