[Nut-upsuser] battery not installed, but battery still 100% and NUT 2.7.2-4 does not catch this and report a error

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Tue Apr 4 12:10:42 UTC 2017

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> Hi Jon, Stuart and the list

>       Which NOTIFYCMD is run when there is an ALARM?
>       Have you specified that in your upsmon.conf?
>
>       And that is the question of the hour.  How do you specify that?  Note
>       that this is not the REPLBATT status we are talking about.
>
> It's true that upsmon doesn't deal with ALARM, and that's definitely something missing.
>
> What about adding a <notify type> "ALARM" to upsmon (and its .conf), and have it processing like other notifications?
> That would mean to you can have WALL / SYSLOG notifications, along with EXEC reaction if NOTIFYCMD is set.

Hi Arnaud, It seems to me that, looking out into the future, there are
three things upsmon needs:

1. A fall-through <notify type> of "UNKNOWN" so that all status changes,
no matter how wierd, can be caught.  Such a catch-all <notify type> would
also have caught the "ALARM" from the old battery.

2. A UPS specific option in the NOTIFYFLAG and NOTIFYMSG declarations as
already provided by the AT declaration in upssched.conf.  This would make
it possible to have messages and action specific to a UPS, in a multi-UPS
configuration.

I would like to be able to specify

    NOTIFYMSG myups at localhost      ONBATT "%s: local UPS on battery"
    NOTIFYMSG bigups at server        ONBATT "%s: Server room alert: UPS on battery"

    NOTIFYFLAG myups at localhost     ONBATT SYSLOG+EXEC+WALL
    NOTIFYFLAG heartbeat at localhost ONBATT SYSLOG+EXEC

3. A <notify type> "ALARM" as you propose.

Best Regards, Roger