[Nut-upsuser] Keep on losing communication: Raspberry Pi, CyberPower PR1500LCD

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 13:01:45 UTC 2017

On Aug 12, 2017, at 12:00 PM, Rory Jaffe <rsjaffe at gmail.com> wrote:

> OS Version: Linux piaware 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
> Nut Version: 2.7.2-4
> Nut Installation Method: apt
> Device: CyberPower PR1500LCD
> Uses​ ​Generic HID driver 0.38 (2.7.2)

Is this stock Raspbian or another variant?

If it is Raspbian, I think it might be affected by a Debian issue with libusb-0.1. It is possible to rebuild from source and use libusb-1.0 instead - let us know if that sounds reasonable. You can also check the list archives for previous discussions (although I think we were seeing issues with Tripp-Lite hardware more frequently).

Also, sometimes swapping out the USB cable can help.