[Nut-upsuser] Keep on losing communication: Raspberry Pi, CyberPower PR1500LCD

Rory Jaffe rsjaffe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 00:58:26 UTC 2017

​Found a way of addressing this without rebuilding nut. The following
restarts upsdrvctl when communications are lost (COMMBAD). I added NOCOMM
as a condition just in case. I've monitored this, and it successfully
reconnects when connection is lost.

Added to upsmon.conf
NOTIFYCMD /etc/nut/notify.sh
NOTIFYFLAG NOCOMM SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG COMMBAD SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC​

Then, /etc/nut/notify.sh is marked executable and contains:
#!/bin/bash
case "$NOTIFYTYPE" in
        COMMBAD|NOCOMM)
                /sbin/upsdrvctl stop;
                /sbin/upsdrvctl start;
                echo 'Restarted upsdrvctl' | systemd-cat -p notice -t upsd
                ;;
        *) ;;
esac