[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite SMART1500LCD no delay before ups shutdown.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 23:56:19 UTC 2017

On Aug 21, 2017, at 1:35 PM, Whiteshell Tech <neil at whiteshell-tech.com> wrote:

> I ran it again on battery and upsd running, set upsrw ok and then shutdown.return gave an "ERR CMD-NOT-SUPPORTED" Odd thing is after running that I am getting random timed ups powering off for one or two seconds then turns back on even on battery. Server then starts shutting down. Some times its right away sometimes after 4+ minutes.

That is going to be hard to diagnose without the usbhid-ups logs for the time when those commands are sent - can you try to keep the log going while sending them, then note the time when the command was sent? You can use the "tee" command:

/lib/nut/usbhid-ups -DD -a TrippLiteUPS 2>&1 | tee /tmp/log.shutdown.return.txt

(please use gzip before attaching the log - the mailing list does not accept messages over 40kB without manual intervention.)

> I did notice that that return.shutdown was not found in the list running "upscmd -l TrippLiteUPS". I did see "load.off.delay" which also if I give a value of 60 (or any other value) it shuts down in 20sec and stays off either on battery or online. ups does come back on if i replug the ups.

I think the load.off.delay behavior is expected, but I really thought the others should honor the delay variables. Will have to look further.

> I am setting up a test computer with fresh Debian 9 for testing to see if all my issues are still there without every thing else.
>
> Thanks for taking the time when you have some.
>

> root at host:~# upscmd -l TrippLiteUPS
> Instant commands supported on UPS [TrippLiteUPS]:
>
> beeper.disable - Disable the UPS beeper
> beeper.enable - Enable the UPS beeper
> beeper.mute - Temporarily mute the UPS beeper
> beeper.off - Obsolete (use beeper.disable or beeper.mute)
> beeper.on - Obsolete (use beeper.enable)
> load.off - Turn off the load immediately
> load.off.delay - Turn off the load with a delay (seconds)
> reset.watchdog - Reset watchdog timer
> shutdown.reboot - Shut down the load briefly while rebooting the UPS
> shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
> test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test
> test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test
> test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test
>

> root at host:~# upsrw -s ups.delay.shutdown=60 TrippLiteUPS at localhost
> Username (root): upsmon
> Password:
> OK
>
> root at host:~# upscmd TrippLiteUPS shutdown.return
> Username (root): upsmon
> Password:
> Unexpected response from upsd: ERR CMD-NOT-SUPPORTED

log trimmed; appears to be the same as before?