[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite SMART1500LCD no delay before ups shutdown.

Whiteshell Tech neil at whiteshell-tech.com
Tue Aug 22 03:17:55 UTC 2017

> That is going to be hard to diagnose without the usbhid-ups logs for the time when those commands are sent - can you try to keep the log going while sending them, then note the time when the command was sent? You can use the "tee" command:
>
> /lib/nut/usbhid-ups -DD -a TrippLiteUPS 2>&1 | tee /tmp/log.shutdown.return.txt
>
> (please use gzip before attaching the log - the mailing list does not accept messages over 40kB without manual intervention.)

Sorry, I think there was a mistake on my part and for the large messages :)

When I originally tried to run "/lib/nut/usbhid-ups -DD -a TrippLiteUPS"
It complained about other drivers running and did not show any logging
of commands given to the driver. So I have been now stopping nut-driver
before running that command. After starting the logging then running
both upsrw and upscmd I would ctl+c the logging leaving no driver
running. I now realize that only a little while after canceling the
logging is when NUT decided to shut down the server.If I leave the
logging going it does not shutdown.

I am assuming that is supposed to do that when no driver is seen running
for awhile just incase?? And in that case is not part of my original no
delay issue?

I have run it again and it looks like ups.shutdown.delay changes show in
the log @ 28.068836. But no mention at all in the log of shutdown.return
run @ 80.951272. Just the same "ERR CMD-NOT-SUPPORTED" when attempting
to run it.

> I think the load.off.delay behavior is expected, but I really thought the others should honor the delay variables. Will have to look further.
> log trimmed; appears to be the same as before?

Yes looks about the same. Also I did a test on new installs of debian 8
and debian 9. Both worked as expected except for the delay variables are
still being ignored and "ERR CMD-NOT-SUPPORTED" when running "upscmd
TrippLiteUPS at localhost shutdown.return".

NOTE: The issue of having to add a systemd service in my first post
seems to be a proxmox issue, so I will look into that issue else where.