[Nut-upsuser] EATON 9SX not display battery.charge

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:45:52 UTC 2017

Privet Yaroslav,

all my apologies for the eternity taken to answer.

> On Dec 29, 2014, at 10:03 AM, Ярослав Бабаянц <freemgm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Any news?
>
> Send dubug with explore one more time
> in attach
>

> Unless I am mistaken, there is no new information in the latest debug
> output.
>
> One odd thing in the HID dump is that DesignCapacity appears twice, with
> very different values:

> Size: 8, Value: 100
>
> (These are both 'Type: Feature'.)
>
> From pdcv10.pdf, UPS.BatterySystem.Battery.DesignCapacity should be in
> CapacityMode units, and CapacityMode==2 is %. But since CapacityMode is in
> UPS.PowerSummary, maybe it refers to UPS.PowerSummary.DesignCapacity instead.
> The 18000 might be mAh or mWh.
>
> It is also possible that one of UPS.PowerSummary.DesignCapacity
> or UPS.PowerSummary.FullChargeCapacity was intended to
> be RemainingCapacity. You can verify this by forcing the UPS onto battery
> power until the front panel displays a charge lower than 100%.
>
> I do not see any items which are likely to be runtime.

Charles' audit is fully right.

After some more review and local testing:
- would you be able to test with the latest NUT revision (2.7.4)? Note that
it's not mandatory, since no change here should be impacting your issue.
- the firmware revision is bad (ups.firmware: 9SX5Ki)
- I've tested locally with a 9SX (ups.firmware: 02.17.0040, previous
official FW) and the needed data is present
(UPS.PowerSummary.RemainingCapacity).
- I'm convinced that your issue comes from an outdated FW.
would you be able to upgrade the firmware of your unit?
If so, everything is available here (for Windows only though): h
ttp://powerquality.eaton.com/Support/Software-Drivers/Downloads/9SX-UPS-firmware.asp

I hope the above information will help you in solving your issue.

Best regards,
Arnaud
--
Eaton Data Center Automation Solutions - Opensource Leader -
http://42ity.org