[Nut-upsuser] Copeland Engineering Dockmaster

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 04:19:46 UTC 2017

On Feb 21, 2017, at 10:21 AM, Drew from Zhrodague <drewzhrodague at zhrodague.net> wrote:

> 	Hello! I have a Dockmaster from Copeland Engineering. This is a battery saver used for a laptop docking station in a police car, which has a USB port for relaying its internal timers and state.
>
> hid-generic 0003:04D8:0500.0001: hiddev0,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Device [Copeland Engineering, LLC Dock Master] on usb-0000:00:10.4-3.3/input0
>
> 	I'm able to configure usbhid-ups, but it doesn't seem to detect the state of the power (between ignition-on and ignition-off). I do have access to the Windows-based configuration utility.
>
> 	I'm not quite sure how to tell usbhid-ups how the data is formatted. How can I get this device working with nut?

I won't have a chance to look at the data for a few days, but can you grab some logs from "explore mode"?

http://new.networkupstools.org/docs/developer-guide.chunked/ar01s04.html#hid-subdrivers

In case that link is broken, a slightly older version:

http://networkupstools.org/docs/developer-guide.chunked/ar01s04.html#hid-subdrivers

Please gzip the logs before posting, and use reply-all to include the rest of the list.

Thanks!