[Nut-upsuser] Help with Elite 800VA usb UPS

Andrea de Lutti adelutti at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 14:21:09 UTC 2017

Ok, I am running NUT in dummy mode.
I have added a new ups in ups.conf

[dummy]
    driver = dummy-ups
    port = upsc.dev
    desc = "dummy ups for testing purposes"

upsc.dev has been generated by exporting the Elit configuration.

I have added the monitor line in upsmon.conf and the "exec" flags (all the
events)

MONITOR dummy at artu 1 user pass master
SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
NOTIFYCMD /usr/local/bin/upssched-script
NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG LOWBATT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG FSD SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG COMMOK SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG COMMBAD SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG SHUTDOWN SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG REPLBATT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG NOCOMM SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG NOPARENT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC

The upssched-script is

#! /bin/sh
case "$1" in
    "ONBATT")
        echo "On batt" | mailx -v -r "adelutti at gmail.com" -s "TEST NUT
object" -S smtp="smtp.gmail.com:587" -S smtp-use-starttls -S
smtp-auth=login -S smtp-auth-user="adelutti at gmail.com" -S
smtp-auth-password="gtmtnqyelhlumyds" -S ssl-verify=ignore
adelutti+server at gmail.com
        ;;
    "ONLINE")
        echo "On power" | mailx -v -r "adelutti at gmail.com" -s "TEST NUT
adelutti+server at gmail.com
        ;;
    "LOWBATT")
        echo "LOWBATT" | mailx -v -r "adelutti at gmail.com" -s "TEST NUT
adelutti+server at gmail.com
        ;;
    *)
        logger -t upssched-cmd "Unrecognized command: $1"
        ;;
    esac

while upssched.conf is

# Network UPS Tools - upssched.conf sample file
#
#
CMDSCRIPT /usr/local/bin/upssched-script
PIPEFN /var/run/nut/upssched/upssched.pipe
LOCKFN /var/run/nut/upssched/upssched.lock

AT ONBATT * EXECUTE onbattwarn
AT ONLINE * EXECUTE ups-back-on-power

Running upson in debug mode I can see the change of the status (I have a
cycle of 30 secs for online/batterry/low battery) but the syslog reports

Jul  3 16:17:15 artu upsmon[4685]: UPS dummy at artu on battery
Jul  3 16:17:15 artu upssched-cmd: Unrecognized command: UPS dummy at artu on
battery
Jul  3 16:17:45 artu upsmon[4685]: UPS dummy at artu battery is low
Jul  3 16:17:45 artu upssched-cmd: Unrecognized command: UPS dummy at artu
battery is low
Jul  3 16:18:15 artu upsmon[4685]: UPS dummy at artu on line power
Jul  3 16:18:15 artu upssched-cmd: Unrecognized command: UPS dummy at artu on
line power
Jul  3 16:18:45 artu upsmon[4685]: UPS dummy at artu on battery
Jul  3 16:18:45 artu upssched-cmd: Unrecognized command: UPS dummy at artu on
battery
Jul  3 16:18:57 artu systemd[1]: Started CUPS Scheduler.
Jul  3 16:19:15 artu upsmon[4685]: UPS dummy at artu battery is low
Jul  3 16:19:15 artu upssched-cmd: Unrecognized command: UPS dummy at artu
battery is low

I have tried so many commands, but always the same result...

PS: this evening I will change the battery, I have some standby/cycle
voltage declared by the manufacturer: should I use them?

Thank you,
Regards

Andrea