[Nut-upsuser] Help with Elite 800VA usb UPS

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Jul 3 14:39:00 UTC 2017

On Mon, 3 Jul 2017, Andrea de Lutti wrote:

> MONITOR dummy at artu 1 user pass master
> SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
> NOTIFYCMD /usr/local/bin/upssched-script

Hi, As far as I can see, what you are getting in syslog corresponds
correctly to what you have specified.  You have specified that upsmon is
to call upssched-script _directly_.  This means that the argument to the
script call will be the NOTIFYMSG value.  But in upssched-script you are
testing for the notifytype, e.g. ONBATT.

Did you want that, or did you want NOTIFYCMD to point to upssched?

If I may throw away modesty, see chapter 4 in
http://rogerprice.org/NUT/ConfigExamples.A5.pdf which has a diagram and a
fully worked example.

Roger