[Nut-upsuser] SU2200RTXLCD2U and protocol 4006

Ambrogio Coletti ambrojohn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 15:38:31 UTC 2017

Hello

I asked Tripplite the serial protocol implemented in the UPS model
SU2200RTXLCD2U.

The protocol is the 4006, which is not supported by the NUT.

I connected my UPS unit to a serial terminal client (both from a Windows
machine and a Linux machine), set the communication parameters to those
indicated in the protocol spec, and tried to open the communication,
unfortunately with no success.

I couldn't get much support from Tripplite. They couldn't even tell me if I
should expect to be able to connect that way an see any type of "welcome
message" as the device communication is open.

So I am asking you guys, do you know if I am supposed to be able to open a
straight serial connection with the UPS as described above, using a normal
serial terminal cliente (e.g. Putty)?

Regards
Ambrogio