[Nut-upsuser] SU2200RTXLCD2U and protocol 4006

Larry Fahnoe fahnoe at fahnoetech.com
Mon Jul 3 16:16:43 UTC 2017

I don't have the Tripp-Lite model that you have, however the NUT HCL
http://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html suggests that the SU2200RTXLCD2U
ought to work via USB.  Tripp-Lite sometimes uses proprietary serial
cables, so you may need to hunt down a pinout for the serial cable this
unit requires.  If you need to use a serial connection, I'd start by
looking at how their PowerAlert software connects to the UPS and then go
from there to see if you can provide a similar connection to your NUT
master.

--Larry

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Ambrogio Coletti <ambrojohn at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> I asked Tripplite the serial protocol implemented in the UPS model
> SU2200RTXLCD2U.
>
> The protocol is the 4006, which is not supported by the NUT.
>
> I connected my UPS unit to a serial terminal client (both from a Windows
> machine and a Linux machine), set the communication parameters to those
> indicated in the protocol spec, and tried to open the communication,
> unfortunately with no success.
>
> I couldn't get much support from Tripplite. They couldn't even tell me if
> I should expect to be able to connect that way an see any type of "welcome
> message" as the device communication is open.
>
> So I am asking you guys, do you know if I am supposed to be able to open a
> straight serial connection with the UPS as described above, using a normal
> serial terminal cliente (e.g. Putty)?
>
> Regards
> Ambrogio

Larry Fahnoe, Fahnoe Technology Consulting, fahnoe at FahnoeTech.com
           Minneapolis, Minnesota       www.FahnoeTech.com