[Nut-upsuser] Device not supported?

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Thu Jul 6 00:14:40 UTC 2017

On 07/06/2017 02:50 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:
>> On Jul 5, 2017, at 7:45 PM, Manuel Wolfshant<wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>  wrote:
>>
>> udevadm control --reload ||:
> from the man page:
>
> --reload
>             Signal systemd-udevd to reload the rules files and other databases like the kernel module index. Reloading rules and databases does not apply any changes to already existing devices; the new configuration will only be applied to new events.
>
> So that might not be sufficient for devices that are plugged in at the time the package is installed.

Thanks for the heads up. Docs say:

    I've installed udev rules and want udev to do something about it.

    	udevadm trigger --action=change

    	*and* Depend on udev (you can't udevadm when udev is
    	unconfigured)

    	The action argument is of utmost importance.  Without it, the
    	kernel will tell udev to treat all devices as *NEW*.  This will
    	have lots of side-effects you are probably not expecting.

    	"change" is completely safe.  It tells udev just to refresh
    	devices, and make sure everything's as it should be.

So I have changed my spec file to issue the trigger command you
mentioned earlier.