[Nut-upsuser] Apple Mac slave

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Tue Jun 6 20:08:03 UTC 2017

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017, Robbie van der Walle wrote:

> I am running NUT on a Synology NAS with attached a USB APC UPS.

Do you have upsd and upsmon running as daemons on the Synology DSM?
Does the NAS shut down (and restart) correctly when wall power fails?

> I am trying to connect and shutdown a Mac OS X system.

Is the Mac protected by the same APC UPS as the Synology NAS?

> I have installed the NUT software and it looks like there is connection
> with the master but when battery gets low the Mac is not shutdown.

Do you have upsd and possibly upsmon running on the Mac?  What does
command

    ps -elf | grep -E "ups[dms]|nut"

report on the Mac?

>From the NAS, can you execute commands such as

    upsc UPS at Mac ups.status

Does upsmon.conf on the NAS contain a MONITOR statement for the Mac? Do
you propose shutting down on LB or after a time interval: in other words,
do you need upssched?

Roger