[Nut-upsuser] Unable to use nut-2.7.4 with Eaton 5E1500I USB

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 12:40:06 UTC 2017

On Jun 7, 2017, at 5:47 AM, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:

>    If that matters, the OS is a fully updated CentOS 6.9 and this (latest stable ) version of nut was packaged by me. The problem appears on any of the USB ports ( well, I tried the 2 in front and one in the back of the server ).
>
> lsusb -v reports:
>          wDescriptorLength     549
>          Warning: incomplete report descriptor
>          Report Descriptor: (length is 9)
>            Item(Main  ): (null), data=none

Because both NUT and lsusb are having trouble retrieving the HID Report Descriptor, I think the problem is at a lower level: probably between the UPS, the kernel, and the USB HCI. The archives have a number of unresolved emails about the 5E and "broken pipe" errors.

Probably worth checking with Eaton, too.