[Nut-upsuser] Apple Mac slave

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 12:42:53 UTC 2017

On Jun 9, 2017, at 4:47 AM, Robbie van der Walle <rvanderwalle at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Under System Preferences, Energy Saver, there is a setting Start up automatically after a power failure.
>> Running sudo pmset  -a autorestart 1 does the same trick.
>
> But unfortunately Mac stays . Step 7

You might want to save off the output of "pmset -g" before experimenting further - that way, after you find a solution, you can run it again to see what changed.

This page implies that the "sudo" and "-a" are not needed:

   http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2013/02/enable-auto-startup-after-power-failure.html

Also potentially useful, though I can't imagine it is changing different settings under the hood:

   https://macminicolo.net/blog/files/Be-sure-your-Mac-mini-will-restart-automatically-when-needed.html

Alternatively, on 10.12 and 10.11, there is a "-u" option to shutdown:

     -u      The system is halted up until the point of removing system power, but waits before removing power for 5 minutes so that an external UPS (uninterruptible power supply) can forcibly remove power.  This simulates a dirty shutdown to permit a later automatic power on. OS X uses this mode automatically with supported UPSs in emergency shutdowns.

Let us know what works. (I have NUT set up on a Mac Mini, but we do not get frequent power outages, and the machine is set to wake up on a schedule anyway.)