[Nut-upsuser] Apple Mac slave

Robbie van der Walle rvanderwalle at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 17:58:07 UTC 2017

> Alternatively, on 10.12 and 10.11, there is a "-u" option to shutdown:
>
>     -u      The system is halted up until the point of removing system power, but waits before removing power for 5 minutes so that an external UPS (uninterruptible power supply) can forcibly remove power.  This simulates a dirty shutdown to permit a later automatic power on. OS X uses this mode automatically with supported UPSs in emergency shutdowns.
>
> Let us know what works. (I have NUT set up on a Mac Mini, but we do not get frequent power outages, and the machine is set to wake up on a schedule anyway.)

SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -u -h +0” in upsmon.conf on the Mac did the trick. Thanks!

After power is restored, the Mac starts.

What I wonder if the shutdown is done proper. Does the shutdown command use umount to prevent disk corruption?

I also have to find a solution for starting up upsmon when the Mac starts and also still open is the notification on the Mac.

But thanks so much all for the steps so far.

Kind Regards,

Rob