[Nut-upsuser] Help with Elite 800VA usb UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 12:50:42 UTC 2017

On Jun 26, 2017, at 7:03 AM, Andrea de Lutti <adelutti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there no warnings for battery test?

not sure if you saw my reply on 2016-06-17:

Do you mean a notification that a test is in progress, or something for the results?

There is the REPLBATT message in upsmon when the battery test fails, but I don't think the generic Qx protocol supports the RB status flag.

You could possibly trigger on the OB status and look for the CAL flag in ups.status as well, but I haven't tried to automate that.

^^^ If you run "upsc $UPSNAME ups.status", do you see CAL in the status string during a battery test? If not, your UPS is not reporting this the way that the driver expects.