[Nut-upsuser] Fatal EEPROM fault!

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 11:47:54 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 3:04 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com> wrote:
> as per confirmation from Eaton support team, and looking at the link above,
> the latest FW is "02.12.0025".

Hi Arno,

According to that link, unless I'm missing something, as the 5P2200RT
is a 2U sized unit (2 rack spaces) the proper firmware should be
"03.00.0000". Firmware "02.12.0025" is listed for 1U sized units.

> This FW upgrade may fix the EEPROM fault too, but it's not yet confirmed.

> Please update me if you go through this upgrade.

I certainly will - but it's quite problematic as there are no Windows
systems in the server room. It's a bit unfathomable that in 2017 a
manufacturer doesn't fully support such critical functions from a 'nix
box.

Thanks much!

Chris