[Nut-upsuser] Fatal EEPROM fault!

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 14:56:10 UTC 2017

> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 3:04 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > as per confirmation from Eaton support team, and looking at the link
> above,
> > the latest FW is "02.12.0025".
>
> Hi Arno,

Hi Chris,

According to that link, unless I'm missing something, as the 5P2200RT
> is a 2U sized unit (2 rack spaces) the proper firmware should be
> "03.00.0000". Firmware "02.12.0025" is listed for 1U sized units.

ah, true, sorry. I got confused by the French filter, which only displays
the 1U units (up to 1550)
so indeed, the latest version for your unit is "03.00.0000".
sorry for the confusion!

> This FW upgrade may fix the EEPROM fault too, but it's not yet confirmed.
>
> > Please update me if you go through this upgrade.
>
> I certainly will - but it's quite problematic as there are no Windows
> systems in the server room. It's a bit unfathomable that in 2017 a
> manufacturer doesn't fully support such critical functions from a 'nix
> box.

fully shared feeling.
It's still a chicken and egg thing, where users like you have to report to
support / sales representatives this need for Linux FW upgrade, so that
such things can be considered for the development / release roadmaps.

thanks for your support and understanding,
Arno
--
Eaton Data Center Automation Solutions - Opensource Leader -
http://42ity.org