[Nut-upsuser] APC Back-UPS XS 1500G says "No battery"

Jesse Molina jmolina at swoncology.net
Thu May 11 17:51:09 UTC 2017

I have a new-ish APC Back-UPS XS 1500G connected via USB. It's giving me
a "ups.alarm: No battery installed!" error. I also installed and
configured apcupsd to give that a try and it's giving me the same error.

I suspect this is a driver problem because while NUT claims the battery
isn't plugged in, it's giving me battery runtime/charge info. Both can't
be valid at the same time.

I am at a remote location from the computer and UPS, so I can't
physically go over and check. I asked a remote person to physically look
at it and they said there were no unusual blinking lights or anything
alarming.

I send this message previously with debugging output inline, but
apparently this mailing list only allows messages lesser than 40Kb in
size, and the message was rejected by whoever the admin is.

user at host>upsc UPS1 at localhost
Init SSL without certificate database
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10