[Nut-upsuser] APC Back-UPS XS 1500G says "No battery"

Jon Bendtsen jon.bendtsen at jonix.dk
Thu May 11 21:50:05 UTC 2017

On 11/05/17 19.51, Jesse Molina wrote:

> I have a new-ish APC Back-UPS XS 1500G connected via USB. It's giving me a
> "ups.alarm: No battery installed!" error. I also installed and configured
> apcupsd to give that a try and it's giving me the same error.

I recently also had an strange error with a similar APC ups, but my battery was
not 16 years old :-O

> battery.date: 2001/09/25
> battery.mfr.date: 2016/08/13

strange difference in battery dates.

> battery.runtime: 3345

I wonder if that is days?

> ups.alarm: No battery installed!

I got the same error message. Since my UPS was a decade old I ended up just
buying a new. I choose Eaton because NUT+Eaton seems to be so well supported.

When my UPS lost power, it would shut off instantly.

JonB