[Nut-upsuser] Cyberpower PR2200ELCDRT2U

Christoph Lampl chris at weeone.de
Fri Nov 10 22:31:53 UTC 2017

Dear Charles,

thanks for your quick answer and your information! I didn't know there is a difference in the PR-series between old and new. So thanks for this valuable information!

usbconfig dump_device_desc shows:

ugen0.2: <CyberPower Systems product 0x0601> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=LOW (1.5Mbps) pwr=ON (50mA)

  bLength = 0x0012
  bDescriptorType = 0x0001
  bcdUSB = 0x0110
  bDeviceClass = 0x0000  <Probed by interface class>
  bDeviceSubClass = 0x0000
  bDeviceProtocol = 0x0000
  bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0008
  idVendor = 0x0764
  idProduct = 0x0601
  bcdDevice = 0x0200
  iManufacturer = 0x0003  <CyberPower Systems>
  iProduct = 0x0001  <retrieving string failed>
  iSerialNumber = 0x0000  <no string>
  bNumConfigurations = 0x0001

Right now, I selected " Cyber Power Systems ups 3 OR2200LCDRM2U USB (usbhid-ups)" in the dropdown menu, in order to shift away from powerpanel-driver to usbhid-driver.

However, when choosing this driver, freenas shows this log:

Nov 10 23:04:45 storageunit upsd[17599]: mainloop: Interrupted system call
Nov 10 23:04:45 storageunit upsmon[17621]: upsmon parent: read

I guess, interrupted system call shows up, because FreeNAS is already trying to "read" a response from the battery from the previous attempt, however is still waiting? So, basically, the output is "upsmon parent: read"... however, this is all and there is no further output. But I think, there should be further output, shouldn't it? (some sort like "link established successfully").

Meanwhile I tried connecting the UPS PR2200ELCDRT2U to pfSense system. However, I'm receiving the same error there, too.

Nov 10 13:59:45               upsmon               49323   Poll UPS [PR2200ELCDRT2U] failed - Driver not connected
Nov 10 13:59:40               upsmon               49323   UPS PR2200ELCDRT2U is unavailable
Nov 10 13:59:40               upsmon               49323   Poll UPS [PR2200ELCDRT2U] failed - Driver not connected
Nov 10 13:59:35               upsmon               49323   Communications with UPS PR2200ELCDRT2U lost
Nov 10 13:59:35               upsmon               49323   Poll UPS [PR2200ELCDRT2U] failed - Driver not connected
Nov 10 13:59:35               upsd      49831   User monuser at 127.0.0.1 logged into UPS [PR2200ELCDRT2U]
Nov 10 13:59:33               upsd      49831   Startup successful
Nov 10 13:59:33               upsd      49649   Can't connect to UPS [PR2200ELCDRT2U] (usbhid-ups-PR2200ELCDRT2U): No such file or directory

(newest entry is at top)

In pfSense, there was no option to select "powerpanel" as driver, so I *had* to use usbhid. I think it shows the same result like freenas. It is trying to establish a link, however, it gets refused immediately.

So, back to FreeNAS, after selecting usbhid as driver, I ran following commands from shell:

- upsc PR2200ELCDRT2U at localhost
- upscmd -l PR2200ELCDRT2U
- upsrw PR2200ELCDRT2U at localhost

And here ist he output:

upsc PR2200ELCDRT2U at localhost
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 35
battery.charge.warning: 20
battery.mfr.date: CyberPower Systems
battery.runtime: 7980
battery.runtime.low: 592
battery.type: PbAcid
battery.voltage: 53.8
battery.voltage.nominal: 48
device.mfr: CyberPower Systems
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ugen0.2
driver.parameter.synchronous: no
driver.version: 2.7.4
driver.version.data: CyberPower HID 0.4
driver.version.internal: 0.41
input.transfer.high: 259
input.transfer.low: 206
input.voltage: 235.0
input.voltage.nominal: 230
output.voltage: 235.0
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.delay.start: 30
ups.load: 12
ups.mfr: CyberPower Systems
ups.productid: 0601
ups.realpower.nominal: 1980
ups.status: OL
ups.timer.shutdown: -60
ups.timer.start: -60
ups.vendorid: 0764

upscmd -l PR2200ELCDRT2U
Instant commands supported on UPS [PR2200ELCDRT2U]:

beeper.disable - Description unavailable
beeper.enable - Description unavailable
beeper.mute - Description unavailable
beeper.off - Description unavailable
beeper.on - Description unavailable
load.off - Description unavailable
load.off.delay - Description unavailable
load.on - Description unavailable
load.on.delay - Description unavailable
shutdown.return - Description unavailable
shutdown.stayoff - Description unavailable
shutdown.stop - Description unavailable
test.battery.start.deep - Description unavailable
test.battery.start.quick - Description unavailable
test.battery.stop - Description unavailable

upsrw PR2200ELCDRT2U at localhost
[battery.charge.low]
Description unavailable
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 35

[battery.runtime.low]
Description unavailable
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 592

[input.transfer.high]
Description unavailable
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 259

[input.transfer.low]
Description unavailable
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 206

[ups.delay.shutdown]
Description unavailable
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 20

[ups.delay.start]
Description unavailable
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 30

However, I have to admit, I'm unsure, if all this output is sufficient and correctly? As far as I remember, when using my old CP1500, there was some sort of status message showing that the link between FreeNAS and the battery was established successfully, however, the only thing I receive now at this point is "upsmon parent: read". I'm a bit unsure, what this means?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Cheers,
Chris