[Nut-upsuser] Have any FreeBSD users tried the new libusb-1.0 branch?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 20:45:21 UTC 2017

On Nov 26, 2017, at 3:15 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Charles Lepple writes:
>
>> still looking for volunteers to test the libusb-1.0 code on FreeBSD and other systems.
>
> On Fedora 27, running commit 2999c95f0:

Thanks for checking this. I should have been more clear in the second email in the thread, but commit 2999c95f0 is on the original "libusb-1.0" branch, which had a bunch of half-duplicated commits and other junk on it. There is now a "libusb-1.0+0.1" branch with all of that cleaned up. Originally just at https://github.com/zykh/nut.git, it is now on https://github.com/networkupstools/nut with a few additions (currently at revision 80bc452cc).

> # nut-scanner
> Cannot load USB library (/usr/lib64/libusb-1.0.so.0.1.0) : /usr/lib64/libusb-1.0.so.0.1.0: undefined symbol: usb_get_string_simple. USB search disabled.

Although I suspect that the USB portion of nut-scanner could probably be replaced with a small shell script that parses the output of lsusb, this shouldn't be too hard to fix. Logged, in case it is not as simple as it looks: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/499

> There's also a bug in the configure script on 64 bit Fedora. The configure script sets systemdsystemshutdowndir to /usr/lib64/systemd/systemd-shutdown which misses the mark, a little bit. The fix:

Agreed - looks like we will have that after a merge from master:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/496/commits/491d088af70a67b6ed1d2a6a6711d83be71dd911