[Nut-upsuser] Can not inialize SSL connection

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 02:15:43 UTC 2017

On Aug 31, 2017, at 5:33 PM, Gareth Williams <gareth at garethwilliams.me.uk> wrote:

> I'm trying to get upsd (version 2.7.2 running on Debian) to work with an SSL certificate.

From https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nut/+bug/1576584 :

"Please see https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/190 for more information. I have included the text description from there below. Looks like the issue was fixed back in April of 2015 in 2.7.3."

If upgrading the distribution to stretch is not an option, you could request a backport. However, it might be possible (and quicker) to hack the init script to launch upsd in the foreground.