[Nut-upsuser] building on Solus

MTS mts5204 at bigpond.com
Mon Sep 18 01:22:40 UTC 2017

Hi Charles,

I finally succeeded in getting a successful shutdown. From upssched.conf:
# mandatory fields that must be set before AT commands
PIPEFN /var/run/nut/upssched.pipe
LOCKFN /var/run/nut/upssched.lock

I had to create /var/run/nut directory. Owned by ups, group nut.
Then it all worked fine.

Seems the only thing left to do is to try and follow the readme
instructions in the scripts folder for the nut monitor.
It didn't install this, unlike the Linux Mint install which did.