[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite SMX1500LCDT FreeBSD 11.2 trouble

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 11:42:12 BST 2018

On Aug 20, 2018, at 1:03 AM, Valentin Merkulov <schnobel at ickis.net> wrote:

>   0.033412     [D3] nut_usb_claim_interface: failed to claim USB
> device (Other error).
>   0.033417     [D3] nut_usb_claim_interface: failed to detach kernel
> driver from USB device (Other error).

I am not as familiar with this branch (I mostly worked with the older libusb-1.0+0.1 branch mentioned in issue #300), but this might not be using the libusb-1.0 API. I thought that the libusb-1.0-compat branch would pick up the 1.0 API in preference to the 0.1 API. Do you have the build logs? config.log would work as well, though it is relatively large.

Another thing to try is to pass "-u root" to the driver, since we have had trouble distinguishing permission errors from other USB errors on some platforms. But I realize that you were able to get things working initially, so the devd files are probably still set up.

(A lot of my spare UPS equipment is packed up at the moment, otherwise I would try this branch out on a FreeBSD system myself.)