[Nut-upsuser] APC Back-UPS CS 650 offdelay and startdelay

Karol Olszewski karol.olszewski at ipflow.pl
Tue Aug 21 18:37:21 BST 2018

Welcome,
Acctualy, I'm try to poweroff my ESXi (6.7). Virtual machine with Ubuntu
and redirected USB port with APC Back UPS CS 650, have nut-server and
send info to ESXi. When battery is low, ESXi poweroff gracefully all VM
and same ESX go down. This work fine and don't have any problem.

But important to me, is set to more offdelay on UPS than the default 60
sec. (cut off power socket when time is up from FSD command).

file ups.conf
[apc]
        driver = usbhid-ups
        port = auto
        desc = "APC"
        override.battery.charge.low = 90
        offdelay = 90
        ondelay = 120

UPS always cut off power socket after 60 sec (I'm try to set another
offdelay example 90,120,30 etc, but offdelay is not change from 60 sec
to option was set in config file).

root at polimerVirtualbox:/etc/nut# upsc apc at localhost
Init SSL without certificate database
battery.charge: 92
battery.charge.low: 90
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.date: 2018/08/15
battery.mfr.date: 2018/08/15
battery.runtime: 2220
battery.runtime.low: 120
battery.temperature: 29.2
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 13.6
battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
device.mfr: American Power Conversion
device.model: Back-UPS CS 650
device.serial: QB0604333901
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.offdelay: 90
driver.parameter.ondelay: 120
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.7.1
driver.version.data: APC HID 0.95
driver.version.internal: 0.38
input.sensitivity: medium
input.transfer.high: 266
input.transfer.low: 180
input.voltage: 236.0
input.voltage.nominal: 230
output.frequency: 50.0
output.voltage: 230.0
output.voltage.nominal: 230.0
ups.beeper.status: disabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 90
ups.delay.start: 120
ups.firmware: 817.v3.I
ups.firmware.aux: v3
ups.load: 3.0
ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
ups.mfr.date: 2006/01/19
ups.model: Back-UPS CS 650
ups.productid: 0002
ups.realpower.nominal: 400
ups.serial: QB0604333901
ups.status: OL CHRG
ups.test.result: No test initiated
ups.timer.reboot: 0
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.timer.start: 0
ups.vendorid: 051d

Nut version:
Ubuntu 14.04 (v 2.7.1 from repo) and Ubuntu server 18.04 (v. 2.7.4), on
both version problem exist.
I'm send debug file  /lib/nut/usbhid-ups -a apc -DDD in attachement.
I tested two different ones APC BackUPS CS 650 and on both problem occurred.
I borrowed PowerWalker (driver blazer_usb), and all function + offdelay,
ondelay works perfectly.

60 sec is to small time to close all VM and ESXi, and if I fail
configure APC, I'm change UPS to PowerWalker. Maybe is a bug and if you
say what it will debug the problem.

Very similar problem is here
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2015-January/009478.html

Best Regards