[Nut-upsuser] APC Back UPS and Best Power FERRUPS?

David Melik davidnchmelik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 09:07:53 GMT 2018

Lately I got (used) an APC Back UPS Pro 1000 and Back UPS NS 1080. I got
an ethernet-to-USB cable from another UPS, but the Pro isn't detected
(with usbhid-ups.) I haven't tried the NS yet but it seems to not be on
the list though looks just like the Pro.

Some months ago I was discussing setup of a Ferrups 700VA.  I got it to
work only with a command in rc.local, but not automatically with
rc.ups.  Is there a certain way to do that, or do I just have to use
rc.local?  Actually I'll be trying this again later after I receive a
power cable for my new small server in a week or few, and maybe it'll
work that time (I hope it'll even be detected, since it's on a
'Raspberry Pi' with serial port board and I heard bad stories about
enabling serial ports with those.)