[Nut-upsuser] APC Back UPS and Best Power FERRUPS?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 16:55:58 GMT 2018

On Dec 25, 2018, at 4:07 AM, David Melik wrote:

> Lately I got (used) an APC Back UPS Pro 1000 and Back UPS NS 1080. I got an [8P8C]-to-USB cable from another UPS, but the Pro isn't detected (with usbhid-ups.) I haven't tried the NS yet but it seems to not be on the list though looks just like the Pro.

There are a few different angles we can approach this one from. What error message do you get from usbhid-ups, and what does "lsusb -d 051d:" show?

Here are the APC USB IDs that the latest NUT code recognizes:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/master/drivers/apc-hid.c#L87-L92

(Unless you have rebuilt from the latest Git sources, your packages are probably older, and may not include all of these IDs.)