[Nut-upsuser] testing shutdown: pc not restarting; and "ups unavailable" messages

nut.user.u830 at neverbox.com nut.user.u830 at neverbox.com
Fri Feb 2 08:27:18 UTC 2018

> I have an older box set up this way for continuous integration, and it needs to see more than a few seconds of power loss for the "always turn on" BIOS setting to work. I forget how many different intervals I tried, but 30 seconds of off time is reliable for that particular box.

Thanks. This matches my limited experience from yesterday with 2 computers including the one that's actually attached to the UPS I'm trying to get to work.

If power is cut and restored when the computer is already off (and with the always-on BIOS setting), then: short off time, it doesn't notice and it remains off; long off time, it does come back on. I did one minute for "long" but didn't do binary partitioning of the interval to assess the exact threshold.