[Nut-upsuser] No run cmd /usbhid-ups -k !

icingaj at gmail.com icingaj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:24:08 BST 2018

https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2018-July/011147.html

> if that does not change the strace output, how is your OS launching the
NUT
> driver? Are the startup scripts in a repository somewhere?
>
> (if you aren't getting replies, you can check if you are subscribed here:

I have UPS Eaton 5SC 500.

I tested three solutions:
1. swap usbhid-ups -a qnapups with usbhid-ups -a qnapups -k
Result: server shutdown UPS not.

2. run upsmon -c fsd
Result: server shutdown UPS not.

3. run upscmd -u admin -p 123456 qnapups shutdown.return and next shutdown
Result: server shutdown UPS shutdown. After starting the UPS, immediately
the UPS is switched on.
The UPS was supposed to wait ups.delay.start time and then turned on.

I set in rc.local this parameters for UPS:

Set with upsrw: ups.delay.shutdown=60
Set with upsrw: ups.delay.start=90
Set with upsrw: ups.start.auto=no
Set with upsrw: ups.start.auto=no
Set with upsrw: ups.start.battery=no
Set with upsrw: ups.start.reboot=no

Please do not know how to write some parameters permanently to UPS?

Sorry but I'm not working with Mailing lists!

Thx Jan.