[Nut-upsuser] Application: Put our brand UPS driver into NUT Hardware compatibility list

Daniele Pezzini hyouko at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 01:51:22 BST 2018

> Is it possible if I want put delta UPS driver into NUT Hardware
> compatibility list?

That's the list of devices supported by NUT: if you want your devices
to be listed, you have to make sure NUT supports them... and, if this
involves any changes to the source code of NUT, these changes have to
be part of NUT...

> If the answer is yes, please tell me the application procedures,
> requirements documents and related fees, thank you.

I'd suggest reading our developer guide:
https://networkupstools.org/docs/developer-guide.chunked/index.html
Once you're ready with a patch, either open a pull request on GitHub
(https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/), or send the patch
(compressed) to the nut-upsdev list
(https://alioth-lists.debian.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nut-upsdev)
and we'll do that for you.

Usually, for HID devices, the source code of our mapping files
('subdrivers') is self-explanatory (to some extent), but consider
releasing any useful information about the protocol used by your
devices and giving us permission to publish it in our protocols
library: https://networkupstools.org/ups-protocols.html

And, as far as I know, we don't have fees.