[Nut-upsuser] FE700VA over USB? controlling UPSes over network?

David Melik davidnchmelik at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 08:42:19 BST 2018

     Lately I replaced my 10+-year-old server with a nano-ITX-type one
that has USB but not old serial ports.  I connected my FE700VA to
DB25-to-9-to-USB cables, but haven't been able to set it up. Apparently
my DB9-to-USB cable (Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port) has
issues needing old software (setserial?) and some new software
(fconfigure) being changed.  Has anyone managed to do something like this?
     I'm still also interested in knowing how to control the three UPSes
I have in the house (except FE700VA not re-setup yet) over the network,
from one of them.  I managed to load some webpages to monitor them but
can you shut them all off from there?