[Nut-upsuser] Can Not Get UPS to Turn Off After System Shutdown

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sat Jul 28 10:05:51 BST 2018

On Fri, 27 Jul 2018, richjunk at pacbell.net wrote:

> ... However I can't seem to get the UPS (an Eaton 5SC1500) to turn itself off
> after the Gentoo system shutdown.
>
> This is the shutdown command I am using in /etc/nut/upsmon.conf:
>
> SHUTDOWNCMD "/usr/sbin/upsdrvctl shutdown Eaton5SC1500 ; /sbin/shutdown -h +0"

Is this something specifically Gentoo?  I would have expected to see the
« /usr/sbin/upsdrvctl shutdown Eaton5SC1500 » in a systemd script executed
during the system shutdown process.

Does such a systemd script exist?  If so, what does it do?  Is it executed?

> Running upsdrvctl in test mode doesn't tell me much:
>
> # /usr/sbin/upsdrvctl -t shutdown Eaton5SC1500
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.4
> *** Testing mode: not calling exec/kill
>   0.000000
> Below you'll find one or more lines starting with 'exec:' followed by an
> absolute path to the driver binary and some command line option. This is what
> the driver starts and you need to copy and paste that line and append the
> debug flags to that line (less the 'exec:' prefix).
>   0.000137     Shutdown UPS: Eaton5SC1500
>   0.000151     exec:  /lib64/nut/usbhid-ups -a Eaton5SC1500 -k

Try the command « /lib64/nut/usbhid-ups -a Eaton5SC1500 -k »

Roger