[Nut-upsuser] Can Not Get UPS to Turn Off After System Shutdown

Denny Page denny at cococafe.com
Sat Jul 28 19:03:26 BST 2018

This really isn’t what you want.

You should use a normal shutdown command on Gentoo:

  SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0”

When you emerged the NUT package, you should have seen this message:

 * Please note that NUT now runs under the 'nut' user.
 * NUT is in the uucp group for access to RS-232 UPS.
 * However if you use a USB UPS you may need to look at the udev or
 * hotplug rules that are installed, and alter them suitably.
 *
 * You are strongly advised to read the UPGRADING file provided by upstream.
 *
 * Please note that upsdrv is NOT automatically started by upsd anymore.
 * If you have multiple UPS units, you can use their NUT names to
 * have a service per UPS:
 * ln -s /etc/init.d/upsdrv /etc/init.d/upsdrv.$UPSNAME
 *
 * If you want apcupsd to power off your UPS when it
 * shuts down your system in a power failure, you must
 * add nut.powerfail to your shutdown runlevel:
 *
 * rc-update add nut.powerfail shutdown

The thing in particular to pay attention to is the last line.

Denny